Heather TimbsHead of Learning & Development
9:50 AM Case Study – Building Credibility, Trust and Your Leadership Capability to Earn That Executive Seat
The L&D function needs to be able to challenge ideas at a strategic level. But before all else, it must evolve to one that ‘truly’ understands the workforce and establish trust and credibility in its potential to value-add. Establishing trust and aligning perspectives with leadership are relevant to evolving L&D’s role from one that is operational to strategic. A key aspect of this credibility piece is bridging the skills gap to become an executive leader representing the L&D function.
- Must align L&D function to business vision in order to make informed strategic decisions
- Barriers to becoming a CLO and how to bridge the skills gap to build credibility
- Leaderships skills are essential to bridging the gap as well as ‘looking the part’ to establish presence
- Justifying your business case – It’s about presenting the facts of your case in a ROI-type mindset and working closely with data analytics experts
- Stakeholder management – an inherent responsibility as a CLO you must master